Fruits and vegetables

Topics dealing with discus diet.
Dizkuz

Re: Fruits and vegetables

Post by Dizkuz » 06 Jan 2009, 10:24

Poddan wrote:Well no experiment from my side.

Cant really tell the differance between put banana or kiwi in the mix or not.
Have done the same thing the late last past year and i cant really say or see the different, but i will continue to go with 50% fish/scrimp 50% fruit/vegetable in my mix.
No end to Karma, so we should be very careful about our actions
Poff!

Dan S
International user

Post by Dan S » 25 Jan 2009, 23:05

gep wrote:I mix the fruits whit a granulate made from fish whit a protinlevel of 58% and a fat level of 9% i blend it so its gets firm and thick. I have not notist any clouding of the water.
Hello Gep,

So is that all you add, fruits and granulate? I take it you freeze it, then when you feed it to your fish, break a cube of like you would with beefheart? Im looking at making my own mix and was just wondering if you have any tips?

Hello Dizkuz, is that the same for you, just fruit and fish/shrimp, then freeze it?

Do you not have to add anything to get it to bind together? Or vitamins to help its nutritional value?

Dan
http://www.youtube.com/user/dans2727" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dizkuz

Post by Dizkuz » 25 Jan 2009, 23:43

Dan S wrote:
gep wrote:I mix the fruits whit a granulate made from fish whit a protinlevel of 58% and a fat level of 9% i blend it so its gets firm and thick. I have not notist any clouding of the water.
Hello Gep,

So is that all you add, fruits and granulate? I take it you freeze it, then when you feed it to your fish, break a cube of like you would with beefheart? Im looking at making my own mix and was just wondering if you have any tips?

Hello Dizkuz, is that the same for you, just fruit and fish/shrimp, then freeze it?

Do you not have to add anything to get it to bind together? Or vitamins to help its nutritional value?

Dan
Hi there Dan :wink1:
I have tried out many diffrent mixes and they usely dont look the same at any time. i like to experiment in the kitchen :hura3:

But it is as u ask mr gep, just in to the freeze when you are done.
Mr gep use the granulate as a binder to the mix, they absorb the liquid in the mix and bind it together
I have tried Agar-Agar, lunelax, gelatin, and granulate but have tried to bind it with egg lately, i heat it up as a piece of pie.
I have thread in Swedish about it but you can take a look at the picture in that thread and you will get it anyway :hug1:

http://diskusforum.se/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3011&start=0
Brgds Danne
No end to Karma, so we should be very careful about our actions
Poff!

Dan S
International user

Post by Dan S » 26 Jan 2009, 00:26

Hello Dizkuz,

Thanks for that, those pics with your pie look good enough to eat!!! Sadly I dont speak Swedish.

I think I might try a little gelatin to start with.

Dan
http://www.youtube.com/user/dans2727" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Foods and Nutrition”