Artificial raising

Tips, tricks, and questions about breeding discus.
mandisc
International user

Re: Artificial breeding.

Post by mandisc » 11 Dec 2007, 14:10

Dizkuz wrote: As a breeder u will give your pair a cleaning program before breeding and breed on sick discus will be a bad start i guess :host:
I thought the biggest problem with lost of fries would be bacteria and it will always be present in the water more or less,and the hygiene and your WC will be a factor to this, so this will not be a prob to blame the pair .
And the fact that the mucus will give fries a protection the first time in life is something that not will be forgotten.

So what is the best way?
Its up to the breeder in the end how to prepare and to take care of the fries
Artificail or not..

just my 2 cent as a hobbyist :guru:
yup agree fully here and also JIMHO as a hobbyist :mrgreen: .
stan, good pointer there.:2tubsup:
mario and yoyo, yours too. :2tubsup:
best regards , mandisc
discus home breeding hobbyist

Naplo

Post by Naplo » 11 Jan 2008, 01:58

reptar wrote:
stanchung wrote:Matte, I think you mean artificial raising. Haven't tried it yet because I've not gone commercial!
The method descirbed by Tony sounds cool.
What Stan mentioned is right, he is a hobbyist just like myself and If you cannot breed the fish and raise them by the parents -- you have to try and retry, change the water chemistry and you will hit the jackpot one of these days and make sure that the male is fertile.
Water chemistry for different strains may not all be the same, just trial and error.
Artificial raising is too much work and the quality won't be the same as raised by the parents.
Mario

:dontknow: :dontknow:
Hello there Gay's
I agree and think that you must have the understanding for the nature behavior and the water chemistry before you move and try artificial raising even if you are hobbyist. I have seen to match net of the con witch is not the nature way for them to spawn

/Lage

Naplo

Post by Naplo » 11 Jan 2008, 02:02

stanchung wrote:...
Grandmaster Jack Wattley wrote that most people who oppose artificial rasing have not tried it! True?
agree

/Lage

yoyo

Post by yoyo » 11 Jan 2008, 08:59

Naplo wrote:
stanchung wrote:...
Grandmaster Jack Wattley wrote that most people who oppose artificial rasing have not tried it! True?
agree

/Lage
:2tubsup:

Return to “Breeding Discus”