"Man ska inte kasta bäver i trähus"

drd

Re: Is this Altum?

Post by drd » 11 Sep 2008, 21:50

They sure did look like my old big bauta altum angels..... :2tubsup:

Susanna

Post by Susanna » 11 Sep 2008, 21:53

Sorry in english :blush3: ....that´s pretty cool!.....Maybe theres hope for our altum at home then :2tubsup:
"Man ska inte kasta bäver i trähus"

Lauser

Post by Lauser » 11 Sep 2008, 22:20

I don´t think so!

Heiko Bleher
International user

Post by Heiko Bleher » 19 Sep 2008, 00:08

Hi,

to me these look like the "altum" everyone is breeding and selling as such (started by Linke), the real P. altum Pellegrin, 1904 from the upper Orinoco system are quite different. I just did a lecture on it in Toronto and everyone agreed that the fishes sold as breed P. altum are not the fishes I showed from its type locality to everyone. (I have also the photos from Pellegrins types).

But, as "altum" they bring more money...

Best regards

Heiko

Janne Josefsson

Post by Janne Josefsson » 19 Sep 2008, 00:19

Hi!

How can i see the difference in real Altum, and fake? There is a lot off Angelfish in the market in Sweden now, and the dealers say it is the real Altum. When is it season in upper Orinoco?

Brgds
Janne

Heiko Bleher
International user

Post by Heiko Bleher » 08 Oct 2008, 20:50

Dear janne,

sorry for the late answer, but I guess you know what happened to me (us) in Manaus after 3 fantastic destination (and a lot of beautiful green discus collected). If not you can read it on my website just go to "read more..." on the home page.

About P. altum, I dought anyone has them. from Venezuela for the last 4 years NONE has been imported and those from Colombia dies almost all.

There is a big difference between those breed ones, which are sold as P. altum, and the real one. I have just done in Toronto a lecture about that, as the only one to my knowledge who ever breed them (by chance) was Jim Robinson, but unfortunately he gave them all away and the fried lost everyone of the F1s.

I will come sometime again to Sweden (I hope) and than I can give a similar lecture, also with my two new angelfish discoveries, from this year and last. To explain here all would take to long and I am on my way for lectures in India and China, as well as Malaysia...

All the very best,

always

Heiko Bleher
http://www.aquapress-bleher.com
http://www.aqua-aquapress.com

bucket

Post by bucket » 08 Oct 2008, 21:33

Heiko Bleher wrote:Dear janne,

sorry for the late answer, but I guess you know what happened to me (us) in Manaus after 3 fantastic destination (and a lot of beautiful green discus collected). If not you can read it on my website just go to "read more..." on the home page.

About P. altum, I dought anyone has them. from Venezuela for the last 4 years NONE has been imported and those from Colombia dies almost all.

There is a big difference between those breed ones, which are sold as P. altum, and the real one. I have just done in Toronto a lecture about that, as the only one to my knowledge who ever breed them (by chance) was Jim Robinson, but unfortunately he gave them all away and the fried lost everyone of the F1s.

I will come sometime again to Sweden (I hope) and than I can give a similar lecture, also with my two new angelfish discoveries, from this year and last. To explain here all would take to long and I am on my way for lectures in India and China, as well as Malaysia...

All the very best,

always

Heiko Bleher
http://www.aquapress-bleher.com
http://www.aqua-aquapress.com

I dont always agree with you Heiko, but i am happy that you made it out o that "hell hole" as fast as you did :hug1:

Heiko Bleher
International user

Post by Heiko Bleher » 10 Oct 2008, 04:06

Hi,

that is normal, not everyone can agree with everyone, but that P. altum Pellegrin, 1904 has been successfully breed ist still to be seen. And before i do not see it with my own eyes I do not believe it. All those pictures so far around the globe in books and in the worldwide web shown as "Altums Breed" are not, that is a fact.

best regards

Heiko
http://www.aquapress-bleher.co,

PS Thanks for the good wishes

Return to “Ask Heiko Bleher about wilds”